As the lines between journalism and marketing continue to blur, it would be rare these days to find a content marketing agency without at least one journalist on the team.
Journalists bring an editorial approach to building a brand. Here’s why that’s important:
- Journalists always put the audience first.
- They will find the hook or pain points that resonate.
- And they will go beyond the data to tell a meaningful story.
- Journalists know what’s newsworthy or what will spark a conversation.
- They understand the importance of accuracy and objectivity.
- They can write a killer headline.
- And meet a killer deadline.
- Journalists use plain English and are masters at making the complex simple.
- They will research, do interviews and go that extra mile to make a story sing.
- Finally, journalists have good BS detectors, and that’s got to be good for business.